Can I request a book or video (even if it is checked out) or have it sent from another ACC library?
1008 views | 0 0 | Last updated on Oct 20, 2017 Library Facilities & Resources
Yes- here's how to do it:
Note: You cannot request textbooks from the Student Support Textbook Collection online.
- Search the ACC Library Search Tool on the library homepage http://library.austincc.edu for the item.
- Once it is found, Click on the Request Item button.
- Fill in your ACCeID and password.
- Choose the campus location where you plan to pickup your item.
- Review your request and click on the Request Item button to complete your request.
NOTE on books/videos at other libraries: Items are pulled from shelves only once each morning (M-F). Campus mail delivery may take 2-4 days. If you require faster service -- or, if you have not heard from us within 10 days -- contact the library directly. Also note that items are not always returned by their due dates. Items on order will take longer.
NOTE on requesting books/videos that are checked out: Items are not always returned by their due dates. You will receive a message at your ACC email address when requested items are ready for pickup.
If you wish to suggest or request that a new title be purchased for the library, you can find more information here.